- IPFM*: intimate partners or family members.
- IP**: intimate partners.
- FM***: family members.
- Intimate partner (IP) perpetrator means current or former intimate partner or spouse (cohabitating or non-cohabitating partner or boyfriend/girlfriend).
- Family member (FM) perpetrator means blood relative (parent, child, other cohabitating or non-cohabitating blood relative) and/or other household member or relative by marriage or adoption
- In some cases the sum of sex disaggregated data (Male + Female) does not equal the total due to reporting gaps
- The full definitions of the indicators, including inclusion and exclusion criteria are in the International Classification of Crime for Statistical Purposes (ICCS) at:Click here
- Data from England and Wales is for a quarter.